Monday, April 10, 2006

"You Shouldn't Be Here"

My goal for the weekend was to get to level 32. It was a fairly ambitious goal, partly because I was starting at 29, and because I was only really going to get about 6 hours of play time.

I finished off a couple of quests in the Shimmering Flats (which was enough to hit level 30), and then headed across to Booty Bay to do a couple more. I knew I was probably pushing it a bit to do anything in Stranglethron Vale, but I figured at least the XP would be good. Shortly after arriving, I teamed up with Rana (who was about level 33 at the time), so that made it no where near as impossible.

We grabbed all the quests we could from Gol'Grom, and then headed out to kill some trolls. We were doing pretty well - there were a few others farming the same spot, but since we were in a party, we had a much better chance on one of us noticing and pulling a mob before any of the others managed it. This was going reasonably well, despite the occasional high level Alliance pooheads showing up to ruin the fun.

Eventually we headed over to the Hunter's Camp to finish off a couple of quests. While we were there, I had a very "helpful" individual proceed to tell me that I shouldn't be here (in Stranglethorn). Apparently I was far too low level to be playing here, and really I should head back to the Shimmering Flats. This is despite the fact that a lot of the quests I was doing were yellow, and I was in a party. I've never met anyone in the game so far who cared quite so much about the level of someone else.

And, as Rana said, "Priests are always welcome!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home