Monday, March 13, 2006

Bloodfury and Gold

Rana and I spent some time running the Stonetalon Mountains on Friday. Rana is currently 3 or 4 levels higher than me, so she was mostly just babysitting. I finished off a couple of lower-level quests, and then we both headed into the Charred Vale to kill some harpies.

First off, wow! So many rare minerals and herbs. If I'd had either profession, I would have been rolling in good stuff. I did pick up a fair bit of wool and silk, so I guess there was stuff for me. There were also lots of good drops - I picked up a good number of green items as well as some decent vender trash. Most exciting of all, we had a blue drop - the [Ranger Bow]!

We finished the killing harpies quests, and even managed to take out an elite Harpy along the way named Bloodfury Ripper. Of course, after we finished and handed in the quests we discovered that the next quest in the chain was to go and kill the elite...

I managed to pick up a group the next day and we went back in and killed Bloodfury again. Of course, the area was crawling with Alliance scum. I got ganked a fair few times - I'm going to have to remember how annoying it is to be chased down by someone 6 levels higher than you when you're already half dead.

By the end of the weekend I managed to get myself almost to level 24. I managed to get my Tailoring up to about 170 (yay! 10-slot bags!), my enchanting up to about 130 and all my skills. How did I manage all this? Well, I picked up almost 8g for the bow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon Dugard said...

Well actually, you did roll for the bow. I just won.

And it does mean that I can now supply you both with as many 10-slot bags as you need...

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home