Sunday, April 23, 2006

Stupid Hunter Need The Most Attention

I was running around, killing ogres, as you do. There were a few alliance running around as well, so I was being cautious. But I was also trying hard not to be a jerk - when I spotted a Night Elf druid fighting a mob, instead of taking advantage of her injured state, I helped her get the kill, then waved and ran off.

A little while later, I spotted a Night Elf hunter in the distance. That should have been my first warning. He was a couple of levels higher than me, but I figured if I kept my distance, things would be okay. Then I started fighting a mountain lion. It wasn't a hard fight, and it was going fairly well. Until the hunter spotted me and came running over.

I hoped he was planning on helping me out, just to add another one of those little golden moments. But no, he and his pet just laid into me while I finished off the tiger.

So I ran - I didn't really have much of a choice. My faithful friends Power Word: Shield and Renew came to my aid, as did Dispel Magic. Some how I managed to stay alive long enough to reach safety. That should give you some idea of how lame this hunter way - how could a half dead priest out run a hunter and his pet?

So I yelled some obscenities at him, rested and healed myself, and then headed back up. I kept a careful eye out, but he didn't seem to be around. Suddenly, I spotted him behind a hill. He was fighting something, and couldn't see me (I'd only just noticed him). So it was revenge time!

I snuck up on him, and when I was close enough smacked him with a Mind Blast and Power Word: Pain. I could see the "oh crap!" look in his eyes, and he decided to use my tactic - running away. He sent his pet after me (always ignore the pet - take out the hunter and the pet goes too), and tried to jump down the hill. Well, it was really more of a cliff. And when I say "jump", I really mean "fall".

Yep. I got an honour kill because the hunter was stupid enough to kill himself.

So I gloated for a bit - danced around, yelled, laughed. Then moved on. Shortly after, I was killing more lions in the same area when an undead Warrior came along. We said hi, and then I spotted Mr I'm A Stupid Hunter running back up the hill. So I Shield myself, and get ready. He spots me and charges. Totally not noticing the Warrior.

By the time he does notice this thing 5 levels lower smacking him with a sword, it's too late. I can read the look on his face that says "I'm going to get my revenge on this priest before I die!". So I smile to myself, cast Flash Heal and then Mind Flay him.

Oh, and then I spat on his corpse. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home