Friday, November 18, 2005

Night of Warcraft

The Guild were hitting Gnomeregan last night, and since I had a bunch of quests, I tagged along. It was my first instance run with the Guild, so I was curious how it would all turn out.

The party consisted of:
  • Oska, a Night Elf Hunter
  • Rockbreaker, a Dwarven Paladin
  • Petey, a Human Paladin
  • Morcarli, a Dwarven Paladin
  • Woebringer, a Human Rogue
That's right, 3 Paladins. Woebringer was along to babysit (being lvl 60), and the rest of us averaged out at about lvl 30.

Things looked like they were off to a good start when I found a green axe on the very first Gnome I killed - before we even got into the city. Plus, I won the roll for it. Of course, I figured that probably meant I wasn't going to win any more rolls for the rest of the night...

The green drops were coming often. We even had a blue mace drop pretty early on (which I lost the roll for). I accidentally rolled "Need" for some Banded Braces (I think they were these ones), so I won that roll! Otherwise, I think I picked up one or maybe two items. I even managed to roll a 7 for a chest. Fortunately I got some useful stuff from the Grime Encrusted Objects, including my first necklace, a ring, and everything I still needed to make another Shining Silver Breastplate.

Despite having 3 Paladins, we managed to have far to many TPKs. Which took forever to recover from, since the run back is so long. It didn't help that a few times various party members got lost by heading into the wrong parts. The two that stand out are when just the Paladins died, and the time three of us got caught on the wrong side of a cave in (dead, and beyond reach).

We ended up calling it a night after I'd only managed to complete 2 of the 6 quests I had. Still, it was fun, and I'd be happy to try again in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home