Friday, November 18, 2005

Day of Warcraft

I took yesterday off work, and so spent a good part of the day play WoW. A couple of interesting things happen.

I usually run Morcarli around with PvP active - I figure it makes things a bit more interesting. But since I'm not usually looking to pick a fight, he still doesn't have any kills to his name (unlike my Level 6 Warlock, who managed to go toe-to-toe with an Undead Warrior). Yesterday while I was running through Stranglethorn Vale, I passed an Orc Warrior. He was level 37 (Morcarli was just 32 at this point), and wasn't flagged, but something about the way he stopped, looked at me a few times and then backed up made me suspect he was going to have a go.

In hindsight I should have started buffing myself there and then, but with hindsight there are a few things I could have done.

Sure enough, he suddenly charged me. I was able to quickly stun him, and then it was on. I ended up loosing, but against an opponent who was 5 levels higher than me and could decide the best moment to start attacking, I wasn't too upset. In fact, I was actually pretty happy - I got him down to about 5% health, and if I'd either:
  1. Had a decent healing potion
  2. Had enough mana left for my stun
  3. REMEMBERED ABOUT LAY ON HANDS!!!!
I would have beaten him. Looking back on it, I'm seriously annoyed at myself for not using Lay On Hands. It would have made the story much cooler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home