Wednesday, November 16, 2005

New Helm!

It started bothering me last week that while Morcarli was around the level 30 mark, he still didn't have any form of head protection. So I spent some time boosting his blacksmithing until I could learn to make a Green Iron Helm:


Unfortunately, I then discovered that I had all the materials except for a Citrine


How very annoying. So on the weekend while I was hanging around Ironforge, I decided to see if anyone had one for sale. A friendly sounding Nightelf replied that he did indeed have the very gem I was after, and would be happy to sell it to me for 1 gold piece.

Hmmm. Having just spent a chunk of money on new skills, 1 gold was quite a large percentage of Morcarli's current cash reserves. So I attempted to bargin:
You whisper: How about 75s and I do a dance for you?
He was amused, but wasn't interested. We chatted for a bit while I was running around doing other things. He asked why I wanted the gem, and told me he was going to use it to make something for a friend of his. After about 5mins, he suddenly said:
Okay, if you come and dance for me, I'll give you the [Citrine].
I rushed over to him and started dancing. He was a bit disapointed that Morcarli wasn't an attractive female character, but my awesome dancing skills still managed to impress him enough. Or maybe bad enough that he gave me the citrine to get make me stop.

So Morcarli now has a shinny new helmet, thanks to the kindness of a random Nightelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home