Sunday, September 25, 2005

Deadmines: Attempt Two

I'd been putting off hitting the Deadmines with Morcarli for a little while - mainly because I didn't think I had the time. But on Sunday I had an afternoon to myself, and so figured why not. I finished off some quests, and the joined with a group who were looking for a final member.

The group consisted of:
  • Thezeus - Level 21 Dwarven Warrior and group leader.
  • (Name Forgotten) - Level 25 Night Elf Hunter with a pair of owls
  • Puddytat - Level 22 Human Priest.
  • Morcarli - Level 22 Dwarven Paladin (me)
Things got off to a rocky start when my box decided to lock up before we even hit the mines. Fortunately the group hung around until I got back in - they were just starting to make noises about giving up on me when I reappeared.

We had to explain to Thezeus a few times that it was polite to /roll for chests, and he couldn't just run up and loot them all.

The run was going pretty easily - we were cutting through the bad guys nice and quick. Unfortunately, this made all of us a bit too cocky, especially the warrior. After we pulled too many guys and then got hit from behind by a patrol, the priest and the warrior both died. After I ressurected them both (much to the amazement of the warrior), Puddytat took us to task. She basically told us she was going to set the pace and lead. Which was a smart thing to do, because she knew what she was doing.

Things when really well from then on. Although we had a few close calls, we didn't have any real problems. Eventually we pulled more goblins then we could deal with, and were all wiped out. Oh well, it happens. But as we were heading back, Thezeus turns around and said "Oh sorry, I've got to go", whips out his hearthstone and teleports back to Ironforge. He didn't bother making anyone else the party leader, and didn't actually log off - he just walked away from his computer.

The three of us were left, not strong enough to complete the Dead Mines and unable to ask anyone else to join the party. We had no choice but to leave.

So I still haven't finished the Dead Mines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home