Thursday, September 29, 2005

Strange Server Thing

So on Tuesday I was playing for an hour before the servers went down (as the do every Tuesday night at 10pm). About 10mins before I was going to be kicked off, I died. So I decided to resurrect myself from the spirit Healer, and then I hearthstoned from Duskwood back to Ironforge. I had a chunk of gear I wanted to sell off, and I had a plan that maybe I could pick up a few cheap items from the Auction House. I'd heard that auctions continue to expire even when the servers are down. So if you bid on an item that's only got say 2 hours left, there won't be any more bids before the auction finishes.

I placed a couple of bids - one of a stack of wool, a couple on some decent armour and the like. The the server went down and I did other stuff.

The weird thing was when I logged in last night. I was back in Duskwood, standing in the graveyard. And I still had a full 10mins of Ressurection Sickness (I'd spent at least 5mins running around Ironforge). I checked the mail box, and sure enough I'd won the auctions I'd bid on (yay!). But it was still very strange.

On the plus side, at least I don't have to worry about getting back to Duskwood...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home